Total Page Views

My Weight Loss Journey

Featured Post

Espira Plant Power Protein Canister

Espira Plant Power Protein Canister Espira Plant Power Protein Canister $35.00 each SPECIAL OFFERS: •   Sign up ...

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Want to know a little about me?

Hello everyone!  I hope that you are enjoying my new blog.  Today I thought I would talk a little about me so that you can get to know who I am.

My name is Karen, I am 52  (well almost) yrs old, married to the same man for almost 34 yrs, have 2 adult children (32 & 28), 3 wonderful grand children (13, 3, 9 mos), have a dog and a cat and have been an Avon Representative for almost 2 years. . . this time.  Even though my education is very limited,  I consider myself a pretty smart cookie.  I graduated high school but never attended college.   The decision not to attend college was probably two-fold . . . 1) I HATED school and 2) I got married right out of high school and moved away from home. 


A lot of my learning has been from reading "self-help" books, old high school or college text books, on-the-job training and surfing the Internet.  My worst subjects in school were English and Math!  And guess what most of my jobs have been!  Secretary/receptionist and bookkeeper/tax preparer!  Yep . . . using English and Math!  Go figure!  They were my favorite jobs too!!

If you read all of my posts you will learn that I like to talk.  I like to talk A LOT!!!  Sometimes to a fault.  When I'm told "you don't have to tell them EVERYTHING!"  I say "Yes I do! Otherwise, they'll just ask me questions and I'll end up telling them anyway!"  So, be prepared to read some long posts.  Sorry!  I just can't help it!  FYI - believe it or not, some of them have been trimmed way down - including this one.  What can I say?  I like to chat!

My interests are so varied that I call myself  the "Jill of all trades and master of none".   Here is the short list:

     I LOVE . . .
  • a babies laugh/giggle,
  • the smell of a freshly bathed baby,
  • animals of all kinds but especially babies,
  • beautiful flowers or gardens,
  • beautiful scenery,
  • sunsets and sunrises,
  • the smell of grass being cut for the first time in the spring
  • the smell right before it rains.
  • to travel,
  • take road trips with no destination in mind,
  • watch my grand kids play,
  • to surf the Internet,
  • to design anything (houses, websites, blogs, fliers, etc),
  • interior decorating,
  • gardening, and
  • crafts (even tho I don't make them anymore for resale, I dabble on gifts for friends/family once in a while). 
During my working career I have never worked for a major corporation and DO NOT ever care to work for one.  I have always worked for small local, mom & pop type businesses and LOVED it!!  The positions I have held have been receptionist/secretary (my most favorite position of all time - I like to talk remember), bookkeeper/tax preparer (my next favorite job), office manager and my last position working for anyone was a flooring salesperson.  In all of my past jobs, I have taken great pride in doing a great job for my employer and I have left a trail of "friends" along the way.  There have been a few enemies too but, that's another story for another day.   There have even been attempts at starting a couple of businesses that just didn't work out as planned too.

Other traits I am proud to say that I posses are honesty, trustworthiness and dependability.  As long as I don't hurt any ones feelings, I am very honest. But, I do believe that there are sometimes in life where "honesty is NOT the best policy"!   You can trust me with anything . . . a secret, take care of your house while you are gone, drive your car and not wreck it, etc.  If I say I will be there or do something, I will do it.

So here I am . . . An Avon Lady again putting all the skills, lessons and experience of my life into use to help others change their lives for the better.  I'm glad to meet you and hope to learn more about you as well.  I hope you will leave comments here and on other posts of my blog so that we can get to know each other better.

Happy Selling!
 Karen Whitney
BUY/SELL AVON
www.youravon.com/karenwhitney


If you are interested in changing your life, leave me a comment here.  or you can contact me thru my website www.youravon.com/karenwhitney .  I will contact you to set up an appointment to get you started for only $10.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you thought about this post. Please put your comment below.